Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Unrealistic Expectations from an Idealist

I sometimes refer myself as an idealist. As much as I like being a realist, being an idealist gives you so much more hope. You get to think more, you get to imagine, you get to hope. Being a hardcore realist doesn't really give you that much opportunity to hope. People expect you to get real all the time.

And so, during this (belated) valentine's day, I present to you a list of unrealistic expectations I have for my boyfriend from this girlfriend who has decided she wants to be idealistic for the occasion:



1. For you to surprise me with just one stalk of rose. As much as I don't believe in flowers, I'd like to be surprised. We don't believe in flowers, we don't do flowers. But I just wonder if it's possible for us to be different for once.


2. For you to to just slip your arms around my (almost non-existent now) waist and refuse to let me go. I need to feel needed.


3. For us to travel to more and more countries in the future.

And probably a whole lot more that the realist in me does not allow me to fantasize about.

Some days, I feel like I have this constant battle going on in my heart. A battle between the realist and the idealist. I know there are a lot of things that I cannot prevent and cannot help. It, however, does not deter me from constantly fretting and worrying about it. It also does not stop me from hoping that what I can do might help. This is that battle between the realist and the idealist in me.

And until that battle stops, I guess I will never stop blogging here.

Toodles!

No comments: